Script for writing group in York
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Script writers unite

2 posters

Go down

Script writers unite Empty Script writers unite

Post by Admin Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:13 am

Hey guys, so here is the forum the group requested, put ideas, scripts, and suggestions on here. Tess will guide us.

Admin
Admin

https://writersraisetheroof.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Script writers unite Empty Re: Script writers unite

Post by Tess H Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:51 pm

Hi guys - thanks to Richard for setting up this cromulent forum.

As discussed at meet up last night, I thought it would be good to stage some of your work in a small theatre, to give us all a morale boost and an opportunity for some feedback. This would basically take the form of an hour or two made up of an ensemble of actors performing our works, then a discussion with the audience about the pieces, and maybe Q&A with writers. Hopefully it will be a supportive and non-competitive atmosphere and we can have fun and learn some stuff to benefit our writing.

We decided to aim for mid December as a performance date, and I will look for a venue. We'll charge a tiny fee for tickets (£5 ish) and in the unlikely event that there's any profit, we can share it between us - then you can say you're a professional writer!

What Should I Write?
The piece can be in any format - poetry, prose, play, etc - and I will try and find the best way to stage it, whether that's being read, or acted.
Choose something that you really want to hear feedback on. Decide what aspect of your writing you'd like to showcase (your prose style? A particular character? Plot?) and go with that.
Make it about 5-20 minutes long.
For logistical reasons, don't have crowds in the piece (I.E need to find twenty actors)
Any genre is fine!
Get it to me by next meeting, which is Thursday 19th November. You can email it to me at tessmhumphrey AT gmail DOT com.

To Do
Find a venue (I'll be looking at places in York, preferably free, but if we have to chuck in £10 each, that might be another option)
Find actors. If you'd like to do your own piece - in a dramatic reading like Dickens! - that's fine, let me know. If you would like to volunteer to act, that would be great. If you could tell any actors you know, that would be great too.
Make a poster.
Sell tickets!

That's all for now, I think. Any questions or comments, send them my way. I hope this will be a great venture for us!

Tess H

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess H Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:01 pm

Oh actually, we also need to think of a name for the show!

Tess H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum